Cobb Country Jr. Basketball Conference
VISIT THE CCJBC WEBSITE (for updated information)
COBB COUNTY JUNIOR BASKETBALL CONFERENCE ‐ BY ‐ LAWS –
I. PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
A player is eligible to represent his or her school group when they:
1. Reside within the designated boundaries of the school he/she represents.
2. If the player is using parental school employment as the basis of school choice: a.) Player must be enrolled in a feeder school of the high school they want to play for and Parent(s) must teach at that high school or a feeder school (Middle or Elementary) for that high school as well. b.) If the parent is not employed by the high school but employed at a feeder school and the feeder school feeds multiple high schools they have to declare which program they want to play for and that decision is final ‐ that decision is for the entire time they are eligible to play in the CCJBC ‐ no going back and forth. c.) Exceptions are made for Varsity Head Coaches and must be brought to the attention of the Executive Board and approved by same. d.) Documents verifying county (Cobb, Cherokee, Paulding and Fulton) employment must be submitted for all employment exceptions to the CCJBC.
3. ALL exceptions are to be submitted in writing to their respective Vice President to present to the board prior to any player playing in a CCJBC sponsored event.
NOTE: IF A PLAYER DOES NOT MEET ONE OF THE ELIGIBITY REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE – THEY CAN NO LONGER BE ON A TEAM AND PLAY ONLY IN NON‐REGION GAMES AND NOT PLAY IN REGION GAMES – TEAMS FOUND IN VIOLATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENELTY BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD!
2. Players must meet these age and grade limitations: 8th Grade ‐ has not attained his/her 15th birthday prior to May 1st of current year of participation. * 8th Graders will not play on 7th or 6th Grade teams 7th Grade ‐ has not attained his/her 14th birthday prior to May 1st of current year of participation. * 7th Graders may play on 8th grade team when age limits are met and will not play on 6th Grade teams. 6th Grade ‐ has not attained his/her 13th birthday prior to May 1st of current year of participation. *6th Graders may play on 7th or 8th grade teams when age limits are met. *4th or 5th graders may play on the 6th grade teams. Note: 9th Graders will not play in the Cobb County Junior Basketball Conference.
ll. PLAYER CERTIFICATION
Player certification sheets must be completed in their entirety. These must be approved by each region's Vice President prior to playing any Region games.
Players must submit proof of age and residency consisting of the following (3) documents:
a). Birth Certificate ‐ (if last names do not match ‐ documents that show name changes must be submitted or proof of Guardianship must be provided).
b). Proof of Residency ‐ this must be a current major utility bill (Power/Water/Gas).
c). Report Card ‐ if address is not shown on report card then any document from the school will meet this requirement. THE ADDRESS ON EACH REQUIRED DOCUMENT MUST BE THE SAME!!
3. It is the Directors responsibility to verify all players meeting eligibility requirements in Section l and Section ll. Playing ineligible players will result in the forfeiture of games and potential coach, and program probation. Repeated offenses by the same program could band the program from participation in the CCJBC.
4. The following actions will be taken on any coach/or director being caught playing ineligible players:
a. First offense ‐Forfeiture of games
b. Second offense ‐ Forfeiture of games, lifetime suspension of that coach from the CCJBC, subject to review by the ejection committee or the Board.
c. Third offense ‐ By the same program will result in probation of that program and possible removal from the CCJBC.
lll. TEAM ROSTERS
Each team will submit a Player Certification Sheet to the Region Vice President of their region. All Region games played prior to submittal of the Player Certification Sheet WILL BE FORFEITED. The 8th grade roster automatically includes any player on the 7th grade roster and the 7th grade roster includes any player on the 6th grade roster. a. Team rosters will list:
1. Players full name
2. Complete Address
3. Telephone Number
4. Date of Birth
5. Grade in School
6. Legal Birth Certificate
7. Uniform Number
b. Each team roster will have attached a Player proof of residency.
c. Any additions after the roster certification meeting of the year of participation will not be made without the approval by a League Officer not involved in same program.
d. No roster changes are permitted after the 1st Saturday in January provided that school has resumed from the Christmas Holidays prior to this Saturday. If the 1st Saturday occurs while school is still out for the Holidays the deadline will be the 2nd Saturday in January.
e. Upon request by a League Officer, parent or guardian will permit the league to verify roster information against school records.
1. Teams must play within their region on a home and away basis each year. ‐ Only these games will count towards the tournament seeding. Region Conference games must be scheduled first and before any non‐ conference game.
2. Each team will establish firm dates, times, and places for each of their conference games and submit to the league.
3. All games other than scheduled conference games are solely the responsibility of the area‐group and will not count in conference standings.
V. TOURNAMENT PLAY
1. The conference tournament shall be based on league scheduled region games only!
2. The tournament schedule and brackets shall be drawn up by a tournament committee and appointed by the President and chaired by the Vice President. These brackets must be approved by the directors of each program.
3. Each team shall pay to the League Office a tournament fee. This fee is to underwrite the cost of the League operation and the Tournament. a. Fee amount shall be established by the Board of Directors and approved by directors of each program. b. Fees must be paid at the time of team certification. Any conference games played prior to fee payment or team certification shall be reviewed by the Board of Directors and could result in forfeiture of games if voted on and approved the Board. c. Fee is non‐refundable. d. Any team which has not paid any monies due CCJBC by tournament seeding meeting will not be eligible for tournament play.
4. Only players listed on the official team roster are eligible for tournament play.
Vl. CCJBC SCORE SHEET
The official score sheet can be found on the CCJBC website ‐ this is required for every game played and must have the following: 1. Printed out in Landscape Not Portrait.
2. Filled out completely with players first and last names with uniform number.
3. Must be filled out in NUMERCAL ORDER ‐ this is very important!
4. The header information must be completed ‐ team name, coaches name, date and location
5. Must be turned in to the scores table at least 10 minutes prior to game time.
6. Failure to meet the above requirements will result in an Administrative Technical Foul to start the game!
Vll. THE HOME TEAM
The Home team shall be responsible for the following items for all conference games:
1. Official scorekeeper (Adults preferred)
2. Official time keeper ( Adults preferred)
3. Game balls (Leather) – Women’s ball (28.5) for all girls’ teams and 6th Boys.
5. Security of referees – visiting teams and spectators.
Vlll. LENGTH OF GAMES
All conference and tournament games shall consist of four (4) seven (7) minute quarters. Overtime periods shall be three (3) minutes. Halftimes: Five (5) minutes unless both coaches agree to different time.
1. The Referees for all conference games shall be provided by a referee association selected by the Executive Board.
2. Payment of Referees shall be the responsibility of each member group.
1. Each Team member shall be in like jerseys, and shall have basketball numbers, which should consist of legal digits (under Georgia High School rules ‐ illegal numbers are 6/7/8/9) and must be seen on the front and back of the uniform.
2. T‐Shirts may be worn under jerseys. T‐shirts must match the main color of the jersey (under Georgia High School rules). Head and arm bands all have to be the same color and either match the main color of the uniform or be white. No two color bands permitted.
3. Home and Away uniforms are not yet required in the CCJBC. If teams have both, wear light on home games and dark on away. Consideration should be given to purchasing home and away or reversible in the future.
1. Any coach ejected from a CCJBC Conference game for a reason other than a fan/spectator technical foul must sit out the next two scheduled games.
2. Any player ejected from any CCJBC Conference game must sit out the next two scheduled games. This applies to any team the player is on. Example: If a 6th grader is playing on both 6th and 7th grade teams and is ejected from a 6th grade game, the rule is the same. He/She cannot play in the next two games in 6th grade and 7th grade.
3. For the purpose of ejections, the next conference game is defined as the next regular season game or conference sanctioned tournament game.
4. A coach or player ejected for a second time during a season shall be suspended for the remainder of the season including post ‐ season tournament play.
5. All ejections of players or coaches during any game involving a CCJBC team must be reported to the area Vice President of the Regions involved and the President in a timely manner by the program director of the team involved.
6. An ejection review committee, consisting of a chairman and one representative from each of the six programs (8th boys, 8th girls, 7th boys, 7th girls, 6th boys, and 6th girls) shall be elected each year. The committee is responsible for the following:
a. Review circumstances related to each ejection with coaches, players, and referees involved
b. Verify game suspension enforcement.
c. Conduct a full committee review of exceptional ejection cases and amend or expand any suspension.
d. Conduct a full committee review of any second ejection and amend or expand any suspension.
XII. COACHING DRESS CODE
Each Director should make sure all their coaches follow the dress code.
a. All Coaches must wear collared shirts. The preferred shirt should be a collared shirt with the logo representing the program you are involved with. Feeder school logos and spirit wear are also acceptable. Not acceptable is College and Pro clothing of any type!
b. No hats of any kind will be worn while coaching.
c. Shirts must be tucked in.
d. Wear soft soled shoes or tennis shoes. (No sandals, flip‐flops)
e. Casual pants should be worn to all games.
XIII. CCJBC DEFINITIONS
Region Game: A conference game played within your region used to determine postseason seeding. Conference Game: A game against anyone in CCJBC. This includes region games as a subset of conference games.
Non‐Conference Game: A game against any non‐CCJBC member. CCJBC Sanctioned Tournament: Tournament governed by the CCJBC held at the conclusion of the season. Teams are seeded based on the Region schedule.